Friday, January 27, 2017

Mrs. Harrison Weekly Letter

January 20, 2017
Dear Kiddos,
         Well I declare this has been the CrAzIeSt week, but it sure flew by quickly.  We were out of school Monday in honor of Martin Luther King Jr.  I sure am thankful for all the men and women who have fought for the rights of ALL Americans!  My life would be very different without people like MLK, Rosa Parks, Susan B. Anthony, and Abraham Lincoln!  How would your life be different without those mentioned?   
My family went to see Sing at the movies on Monday, and we all thought it was fabulous!  What did you do on your day off? 
         Then we returned with a Bluegrass band to start our day on Tuesday.  They shared lots of information with us and played some pretty cool songs.  What is your favorite type of music?  I don’t have a favorite type of music, but my favorite groups are the Dixie Chicks and Dave Matthews. 
         On Wednesday and Thursday we completed MAP testing for reading and math.  You all worked super hard, and I am proud of your effort!  Lots of your met your goals, and many of you were soooooooo close to meeting goals.  We still have a LOT to do this semester, but I feel good about our learning so far this year.  How do you feel about yourself as a learner?  Are you being proactive and working hard every day?  If not, what is your plan to improve?  It’s never too late to begin with the end in mind and set goals for yourself to improve! 
         Then it was Friday!  We started the morning with a fraction quiz.  How do you feel about fractions so far? 
         Today is also an important day in America because our new president, Donald Trump, will be inaugurated.  Don’t forget you will have an opportunity to go to Washington D.C. when you are a senior at Owensboro High School.  There is a group of OHS students in Washington D.C., and they will have the privilege of attending a presidential inauguration today! 
When you start raising money to attend the trip, make sure to come back and see me!  I will be happy to help you make the opportunity happen!  You can babysit my kids, mow my lawn, do the laundry or dishes…just kidding J  You will have worked hard enough for me in 4th grade
         In two hours we start another weekend; and when we return Monday, it will be the last week of January!  Where does time go?  Hope you have a fantastic weekend.  Come back next week with 100% attendance…who knows what I might have up my sleeve if you are ALL here EVERYDAY next week J
                                                                                                                    Sincerely,            

Mrs. Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment