Friday, November 11, 2016

Mrs. Harrison Weekly Letter

November 11, 2016
Dear Students,
         Today is Veteran’s Day!  Hope you take time to be thankful for all the men and women who protect our great country…today, tomorrow, and in the past. 
         This week we discussed the election and Veteran’s Day.  I hope you realize the importance of both events; and more importantly, I hope you always realize the importance of being a well-informed citizen of the United States when you grow up.
         You have been election detectives this week, and we will continue working on that activity this afternoon.  What is something you have learned during your time as a detective?
         We are officially less than two weeks away from Thanksgiving and exactly two weeks away from Black Friday.  It seems my weekly letter always mentions how fast time flies.  I like to think time flies because we are having fun.  Hope you think the same thought!  What did we do this week that was the most fun for you?
         We have so much to accomplish in the next seven days, and I have so many activities I WANT to do, but I’m not sure how to fit them all in.  My main goal for planning is to not over plan like I did during Halloween/Red Ribbon Week J  If our theme is Thanksgiving, what is something you would like to next week?
Additionally, I will be at the Leadership Symposium for two days next week.  Mr. Chapman will be our substitute both days.  Please prepare yourself to show him exactly how awesome our class is!  I know it is tough to have a substitute…I remember having substitutes when I was in school.  It is important to remember to always do the right thing, even when no one is looking though!  What will you do to show you are a leader at NP next week while I am away from school?
Thank you for working hard again this week.  I believe we are making great strides everyday!  I have no doubt all of you will make a year’s worth of growth by the end of the year if we continue to word hard and do our best!!!
                           Sincerely,  

     Mrs. Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment