Sunday, October 23, 2011

October 24-28

We have a full week of learning ahead of us!



  • We will begin a writing piece about a Haunted House, and I think the kids will enjoy this piece and not even realize they are writing!

  • The blue reading group will read City Lots and focus on categorizing information. They will have a test on Friday afternoon.

  • The red reading group will continue reading The Kid in the Red Jacket and focus on categorizing information as well.

  • The Junior Achievement girls, Megan and Sarah, will be here for their final lesson on Wednesday.

  • We head to the RiverPark Center on Thursday for the Chinese Acrobats from 8:45-10:15.

  • On Friday, I have a reading meeting so the students will have a small break from me :)

All the students have settled into the new routine with me as their teacher, and I am so proud of their effort. I didn't realize how hard it would be on all of us for the teacher to miss the critical first six weeks of school. But I think we are in a good place now, and we are headed to a great place!


Their new agendas will go home Monday afternoon. The agenda pages will remain the same, but they are assuming more respobsibility with the agenda book!


We have a small pencil issue in the classroom...the pencils are TERRIBLE and most difficult to sharpen/keep sharpened. It was beginning to be a HUGE frustration for the kids and myself! SO...they have also assumed more responsibility in the classroom with mechanical pencils. I provided their first mechanical pencil on Friday. They know they are to be respectful during teaching and working times. They are also responsible to keep up with their pencil. Their consequence for needing a new pencil will either be "buying" a new one with class money, repaying me during recess if they don't have enough money, or using regular wooden pencils. You are more than welcome to provide your child with mechanical pencils if they need one!


I will finish conferences this week. So please let me know if you would like to speak with me on your child's progress. We can meet after school or on the phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment